Food 2019 Amateur Farm and Garden thread

Yup.

On the plus side, our friend did a fabulous job tilling our garden.

Fucking gorgeous dirt.
you know, i did mine for the first time by hand with the little 36 inch troy-bilt this year rather than bringing in the big three point. I was really happy with the result, it turned in the manure just fine and the soil was really clear. Im happy with how ive augmented the soil. I did need the big 3point for the first couple years to loosen up the soil and get it evenly mixed a foot or so down and level it all out, but the soil is good enough now that getting down 4-6 inches with the walkbehind is good enough

I have these plants growing in my scrap pile. I guess I'm an amateur farmer now. seriously though, can anybody identify them?
19050220320190502163746.jpg
Poison ivy

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I'm late due to geography but my tomatoes plants are all 15"+ and the peppers are all about 12" and forming blossom. Goona start hardening them off to plant Memrial Day weekend which is tradion for most folk in this area(Michigan). Strawberrys are just forming flowers now.

I'm on the 4th & 5th basil plant that I've purchased (last night), but haven't planted in my planter.

They're in the kitchen still waiting to go in the planter.

What are the odds I'll be buying #6 and #7 after these die like the first 3. . .
They are aggravatingly sensitive to cold - really have to baby those fucks during hardening off. I started some and fucked them. Fine, off to the store.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel