Food 2019 Amateur Farm and Garden thread

Do the palm fronds grow from seeds that keep falling, or is it the same plant under the ground sprouting more and more?
They're sprouting. So it's possible that maybe they will eventually go away if we keep mowing them. It doesn't really matter though, as there is no real fixing it.

This would go well with the broken tile garden I'm planning
Hey, it was just an idea. A bad and sarcastic one at that.

Ok, serious but cheap . . . . On the ground decking. Lay some wolmanized 4Xs in trenches, cover with weed mat, screw down some Trexs decking. Looks nice, can be removed, can do a nice sized deck for $700-800.

been moving 50ish yards of mulch with the tractor over the past couple days. Filled it up with diesel and somehow got an air lock condition in the injector pump :( traditionally happens when you run the machine dry, which is specifically why i was filling it up so i wouldnt do that.

Thankfully it was a quick fix, just had to purge the air at the fuel filter, and at the injector pump. The fuel line has a handy little pop out lever pump on it for manually priming, and both the air purge points are bolts with a ring on em so you can loosen em by hand. 2 minutes later i had it running smooth again, but i've never had to do that before.

1950's engine chinese knockoff ftw. The thing is built like an absolute tank because it has to run in rural china on whale oil and industrial cooking oil with no maintenance for 30 years.

Machining standards? smooth mating surfaces? hell no. Not needed.

I have these plants growing in my scrap pile. I guess I'm an amateur farmer now. seriously though, can anybody identify them?
19050220320190502163746.jpg

been moving 50ish yards of mulch with the tractor over the past couple days. Filled it up with diesel and somehow got an air lock condition in the injector pump :( traditionally happens when you run the machine dry, which is specifically why i was filling it up so i wouldnt do that.

Thankfully it was a quick fix, just had to purge the air at the fuel filter, and at the injector pump. The fuel line has a handy little pop out lever pump on it for manually priming, and both the air purge points are bolts with a ring on em so you can loosen em by hand. 2 minutes later i had it running smooth again, but i've never had to do that before.

1950's engine chinese knockoff ftw. The thing is built like an absolute tank because it has to run in rural china on whale oil and industrial cooking oil with no maintenance for 30 years.

Machining standards? smooth mating surfaces? hell no. Not needed.

this shit is not fixed :( It relocked on me and i cant seem to purge it in this time

why the fuck you have such trouble with a brand new machine.

Also... thats not how head gaskets works, unless the mouse at through the metal head first.

"New" machines are built like shit. All of the older stuff works fine, like our old ass portable generator with 6 year old stabiled gas in it.

The drip is clearly coming from between the engine block and metal cylinder cover.

When I do it's oil change I'll get a new gasket for it.

"New" machines are built like shit. All of the older stuff works fine, like our old ass portable generator with 6 year old stabiled gas in it.

The drip is clearly coming from between the engine block and metal cylinder cover.

When I do it's oil change I'll get a new gasket for it.

Valve cover gasket maybe, not head.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes