Food 2019 Amateur Farm and Garden thread

This also assumes you'll never have a large expense (or you have a sufficiently large "other" fund) to cover those.

No new car, no kids college tuition, no major medical bills, etc.
This also assumes that you never work again, that your expenses increase lock step with inflation, you'll never receive inheritance, no social security, etc. There's plenty of variables on both sides, but its still a pretty safe plan.

How is this working? I hate grass.
Check back in a few months. Dumb me fucked over dumber me. About 3-4 months before I put down the seed, I applied Surflan to the lawn with the intention of getting real grass. Instead I ended up attempting to overseed with clover. I don't think that combo worked very well. Oops

We just had a stump ground up. Removed all the shit they ground up, put down some soil, and the clover is growing pretty well.

Check back in a few months. Dumb me fucked over dumber me. About 3-4 months before I put down the seed, I applied Surflan to the lawn with the intention of getting real grass. Instead I ended up attempting to overseed with clover. I don't think that combo worked very well. Oops

We just had a stump ground up. Removed all the shit they ground up, put down some soil, and the clover is growing pretty well.
I will check back, if it can take the heat of the summer, we will know.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi

yeah... you fucked yourself with a broad leaf killer that sticks around for a bit.