Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
180118827MVIMG20180118151516.jpg
The VAB is the 4th largest building in the world by volume (I did not fact check that). Since there is really nothing around it, it doesn't look that big at all. Each of the stars on the flag are 6' across. Shit is fucking crazy.

The VAB is the 4th largest building in the world by volume (I did not fact check that). Since there is really nothing around it, it doesn't look that big at all. Each of the stars on the flag are 6' across. Shit is fucking crazy.

It is that large but I think last time I read it was like 7 or 8 on the list for volume. The largest in the US are the Boeing plants.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi

Looking online the VAB is is 7th on the list at 130 million cu ft. The Boeing plant is number 1 at 472 million cu ft.

The difference to me is that the Boeing plant probably *looks* like it.

The VAB does because there's nothing there like you said. It's like their old Hanger 1 they used for NASA AMES by my office in Sunny Vale. It was way smaller than the VAB but because there was nothing around it it made it look super huge. The Boeing plant is not that tall just a huge foot print.

Status
Not open for further replies.