Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
way cool baba :)

He used to own a house here, don't know if he still does. Saw him at some random bar in South Austin.

I didn't want to drool all over the guy because I figured he might want to be able to hang out here like a regular person and not have a scene/be swarmed with people everywhere he went, you know?

So I went up to the bar and ordered a beer, told him, "look man, I don't want to bother you but I have to tell you thanks for all you've done. Just wanted to say that". So instead of just saying thanks, I appreciate it or some other canned response he like focused on me and asked me my name and what I did, etc. So I told him I was a bass player. Told him I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere and that Zeppelin was like my hook into rock-n-roll. Told him I knew every riff off the first 5 albums and most of the others.

Then at that point, instead of just summing it up with a "thanks man, that's really cool" or something he like turned his shoulders and whole body towards me like he was actually interested or paying attention or something and he asked me some other question, as if to continue with an actual conversation beyond the usual fan niceties.

I don't remember what he asked me. I just remember getting all anxious and nervous having run out of small talk and made some excuse like I had to meet somebody or use the bathroom or something and basically blew off Robert Fucking Plant.

Yeah, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
He used to own a house here, don't know if he still does. Saw him at some random bar in South Austin.

I didn't want to drool all over the guy because I figured he might want to be able to hang out here like a regular person and not have a scene/be swarmed with people everywhere he went, you know?

So I went up to the bar and ordered a beer, told him, "look man, I don't want to bother you but I have to tell you thanks for all you've done. Just wanted to say that". So instead of just saying thanks, I appreciate it or some other canned response he like focused on me and asked me my name and what I did, etc. So I told him I was a bass player. Told him I grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere and that Zeppelin was like my hook into rock-n-roll. Told him I knew every riff off the first 5 albums and most of the others.

Then at that point, instead of just summing it up with a "thanks man, that's really cool" or something he like turned his shoulders and whole body towards me like he was actually interested or paying attention or something and he asked me some other question, as if to continue with an actual conversation beyond the usual fan niceties.

I don't remember what he asked me. I just remember getting all anxious and nervous having run out of small talk and made some excuse like I had to meet somebody or use the bathroom or something and basically blew off Robert Fucking Plant.

Yeah, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box.
na baba i for real think thats pretty cool :)

If I'm your next door neighbor or work closely with you, a card with something along the lines of thoughts and prayers is acceptable when I find out someone in your life has passed on.

If I'm closer to you than that, something as trite as T&P is likely to be offensive. If I'm not even that close, why would you care what I have to say?

The thoughts and prayers thing usually become some Facebook Twitter tag everyone latches on to and loses it meaning. Tens of thousands of people whose only commonality is that happenstance that they all have internet connectivity at the same places.

People you actually know, even just as "internet friends" it carries more meaning.

I suppose if T&P has become cliche we could use Brainiacal Neuron Connections & Metaphysical Extrasensory Thought Streams.

That is a bit of a mouthful though. Maybe we could come up with a clever acronym.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
na baba i for real think thats pretty cool :)

I do too, just could've handled it better on my end, that's all.

At least I didn't ask for a selfie.

They didn't have selfies then, or at least not smartphones.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I do too, just could've handled it better on my end, that's all.

At least I didn't ask for a selfie.

They didn't have selfies then, or at least not smartphones.
you could have offered him a J max or told him if he ever feels like jamming he could drop by
:egads:now im getting a little nervous lol

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
180519618IMG0253.jpg

• Gravy
you could have offered him a J max or told him if he ever feels like jamming he could drop by
:egads:now im getting a little nervous lol

Funny how we always think of the best things to say after the fact.

There's a thousand steps between a chance meeting in a bar and getting to be on stage with Plant but alas, that was my one and only first impression and I blew it.

Like a lot of things in life, if you want to see where your problems lie, just look in the mirror.

• Gravy
I don't have delusions of grandeur like he would've took me on tour under his wing or anything but even just keeping my shit together long enough to maybe get up on that little stage and do an impromptu Black Dog would've pretty much been a pinnacle for me. I would've been grinning so hard ear to ear so hard.

• Gravy
Funny how we always think of the best things to say after the fact.

There's a thousand steps between a chance meeting in a bar and getting to be on stage with Plant but alas, that was my one and only first impression and I blew it.

Like a lot of things in life, if you want to see where your problems lie, just look in the mirror.
realisation always seems to come a bit too late :)

I don't have delusions of grandeur like he would've took me on tour under his wing or anything but even just keeping my shit together long enough to maybe get up on that little stage and do an impromptu Black Dog would've pretty much been a pinnacle for me. I would've been grinning so hard ear to ear so hard.
ya or just jam acoustic not even on stage types, i v v rarely get that way baba, mostly because none of them have come here lol

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
ya or just jam acoustic not even on stage types, i v v rarely get that way baba, mostly because none of them have come here lol

Oh geez that would've frazzled my nerves even more*

At least with a hole band I can hide behind the bass and the noise.

* In a creamy good kinda way.

• Gravy
Status
Not open for further replies.