Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh believe me with Timex as our sponsor we work our way up through kazzio and eventually one of those Swiss motherfukers. As sponsors, of course.
I like it better when they send me something cool like free items. I used to have a deal like that with these guys https://www.ledwatchstop.com/store/ and I would get a free watch each month for reviewing it on my site. Never could get the Japanese at tokyoflash.com to cooperate beyond sending me nice pics of their new models. They are inscrutable.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
If anyone is interested, this is an excellent write up on an experience with theraputic MDMA.

Truly hope this stuff becomes legal, especially for treating PTSD and other mental disorders and trauma.

I haven't read it yet, but remember that Ex used to be legal, right? Something about in-office counseling/getting you to open up/marriage therapy stuff??

181207662Resized20181206091925.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and nukes
Some of the early digitals didn't have an am/pm indicator so you were kind of fucked in that regard too. Ironically they are highly sought by collectors. :rolleyes: Like most POS items.
I have an old cocktail watch that was my grandmothers, from the mid 1950s. It has some nice stones. The watch part doesnt work, I should get it looked at.

I have an old cocktail watch that was my grandmothers, from the mid 1950s. It has some nice stones. The watch part doesnt work, I should get it looked at.
Take a picture and maybe I could give you a little direction. Lady's watches generally aren't very coveted - women don't have the same obsession with tiny machines strapped to their wrist. But there are exceptions. A piece from a high-end maker trumps gender. *The wristwatch was originally considered an item strictly to be worn by women and men of questionable sexual desires. Military had a hard time getting some soldiers to wear them in WWI, due to complaints that it was a gay item.

BC (Before Child) I was dating a girl who had a gorgeous antique watch and on the 2nd or 3rd date I asked her about it. She had a great 'it was my grandmothers. . .' story and ended with 'even though it doesn't work, it's still gorgeous.' & that was one of the coolest things she ever said.

BC (Before Child) I was dating a girl who had a gorgeous antique watch and on the 2nd or 3rd date I asked her about it. She had a great 'it was my grandmothers. . .' story and ended with 'even though it doesn't work, it's still gorgeous.' & that was one of the coolest things she ever said.
The most heartwarming thing for me is when I fix a watch somebody got from a deceased spouse or parent. I had one guy come to my house to pick up his watch - his mom had passed the day before and that was his graduation from h.s. gift.{sniff,sniff} I have a box where I keep backs with inscriptions (people don't like buying pre-inscribed items). Plan is to someday make something artsy with them - some are so lovely. Or just funny as hell.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and Amstel
The most heartwarming thing for me is when I fix a watch somebody got from a deceased spouse or parent. I had one guy come to my house to pick up his watch - his mom had passed the day before and that was his graduation from h.s. gift.{sniff,sniff} I have a box where I keep backs with inscriptions (people don't like buying pre-inscribed items). Plan is to someday make something artsy with them - some are so lovely. Or just funny as hell.

DUDE making something with that will be un-fucking-believable.

All the unknown backstories?!?!

That would be so cool.

I'd pay good money for something like that.

@wetwille Do you write down where/how you got them? ie: grandparent inscription to grandson. husband to wife. wife to husband.
I get them all over the place. Flea markets, ebay, people contacting me seeing if I want to buy it. The inscriptions are usually pretty clear who was the giver and who the recipient. "Merry Christmas, Grandpa" vs. "Merry Christmas to the world's best husband." Got one where they had the bests Harley bike inscribed on a piece but it says "in memory of Grandpa". Guess the memory faded - or possibly, the watch was stolen and drifted from the correct owners. Various collector's groups have great databases for reporting stolen items these days. I participate by checking items I am offered - since I generally only buy on approval unless I know the person.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Status
Not open for further replies.