Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Include the details about how the hell this happened, & I'll buy the book too.

:lol:

The hand was in a hopper that had an air-driven auger in it (used for ricotta cheese dispensing) and a GAO was cleaning it without it locked out. Someone started the line and it dragged her arm in. Tore it right off.

The fingers were many ways, but all the same (putting them where they don’t belong without locking out the line). The worst one was a guy lost three at once. He was back to work WAY too soon, like within two weeks.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The tongue was my friend who had just graduated high school. We were on motorcycles, him out front. A car failed to yield the right of way and turned in front of him. His bike stuck into the car, upright. He flew over the car, over a street light, and hit his head directly on a curb. His helmet was still attached to the sissy bar on his motorcycle.

After slipping on his tongue, I literally couldn’t see for a second and everything slowed way down. By the time I got to him, his head was no smaller than a basketball. He lived another 10 hours.

I guess I failed to mention I was the one who stepped on it.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and HipHugHer
The hand was in a hopper that had an air-driven auger in it (used for ricotta cheese dispensing) and a GAO was cleaning it without it locked out. Someone started the line and it dragged her arm in. Tore it right off.

The fingers were many ways, but all the same (putting them where they don’t belong without locking out the line). The worst one was a guy lost three at once. He was back to work WAY too soon, like within two weeks.
I tried to type a bunch of different things and every post just devolved into me screaming LOTO into the void ad nauseam

The tongue was my friend who had just graduated high school. We were on motorcycles, him out front. A car failed to yield the right of way and turned in front of him. His bike stuck into the car, upright. He flew over the car, over a street light, and hit his head directly on a curb. His helmet was still attached to the sissy bar on his motorcycle.

After slipping on his tongue, I literally couldn’t see for a second and everything slowed way down. By the time I got to him, his head was no smaller than a basketball. He lived another 10 hours.

I guess I failed to mention I was the one who stepped on it.
my grandma fucked up her face on a bike, but she WAS wearing a helmet, it was just back before full face helmets were a thing. it was either a 3/4 or a half facer. she was on the back, my grandpa stopped short & her face got slammed into the back of his helmet, lost her whole top front set of teeth.

she also lost a finger chasing my dad when he was a kid, he slipped out the front door that was secured only with the chain, she tripped and her whole finger got ganked off in the chain

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

We had a guy get a finger degloved because he wore his wedding ring and was working on analog phone blocks. Not the punch style, but the ones you wrap the wire around the posts?

Me and another guy took the finger (which got lost in the confusion) to the hospital for the docs to try and reattach.
He was on the verge of PCSing to a new base, so I never found out if he was able to keep the finger. Considering it was burned I doubt it.

• Gravy
Dude I worked with loved his jewelry, until he wripped of his entire finger when he caught it on the chain link fence, while on the riding lawnmower next to it. Whithered line all the way up to his armpit from the tendons. :barf:

• Gravy
We had a guy get a finger degloved because he wore his wedding ring and was working on analog phone blocks. Not the punch style, but the ones you wrap the wire around the posts?

Me and another guy took the finger (which got lost in the confusion) to the hospital for the docs to try and reattach.
He was on the verge of PCSing to a new base, so I never found out if he was able to keep the finger. Considering it was burned I doubt it.
wait, what happened that caused him to lose his finger skin? I know the terminals you're talking about, not the "new" 110 style, but the old school screw wrap switchboard kind that was deployed throughout the sandbox before we rebuilt their system for em.

1904237520190423121041.jpg

• Gravy
wait, what happened that caused him to lose his finger skin? I know the terminals you're talking about, not the "new" 110 style, but the old school screw wrap switchboard kind that was deployed throughout the sandbox before we rebuilt their system for em.
Wedding band welded itself to the terminals and turned itself into a slow-blow fuse. Ended up doing enough damage to the skin that when he finally pulled away it tore the little bit of skin that wasnt burnt.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.