Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
190212288ec99128.jpg
Cut piece the length to wrap the radius(you do the math, piXdiameter/4, take a v router bit and groove it out every 1/2" or so on the backside leaving 2mm of thickness at front(yes, that will leave a bunch of grooves that runout about 3/4 of the way down the molding FInd something same radius, steam the face and wrap around said object using a strap. Glue and fill when dry. *Even if it cracks, you'll be a lot closer to the form of the molding.

Last edited:
Considering that is a column, not sure how coping alone is gonna solve the problem
Not the radius section, the corner to the far right! The coping commentary is SEPERATE from the radius commentary. Which is why I made two, seperate posts. Not sure why you mixed them together.

The radius section would be flat butted at each end, into the corners, after turning 90. The short adjacent pieces, not part of the radius, would be coped where they met that and wacked off to length in a miter cut for the outside corner.

The correct way to do it:
A) something like this in the correct pattern
https://www.homedepot.com/p/America...rethane-Panel-Ribbon-Rope-Moulding-5APD10144/

B) don't. Run the existing into the corners, make it look like a column.
I think he wants it to look like the rest of the moulding scooter. Flexible polyurethane is the half-assed way.
My suggested methodology is how you do a curved doorway, Just convex, not concave.
Or he could tap out on following the curve and box it with a block at the top so he could put the curve in THAT. Or just buy a base or capital that matches his molding and column radius and stain to match(or take it a shade or two off so it is apparent that is what he wanted). Like when your blazer and pants don't match. ;)

One of us was a licensed builder for 23 years. One of us wasn't.
license.jpg

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes
If that's true, I expect ole Eddie to be doing a lot of recanting this afternoon
Nothing to recant. You and your crew were the one's who threw out the idea that only a credentialed "Expert" could be skilled at something. I simply turned your own logic back on you. Which is it: only experts can be experts or a layperson could be more knowledgeable/skilled than an 'expert?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Nothing to recant. You and your crew were the one's who threw out the idea that only a credentialed "Expert" could be skilled at something. I simply turned your own logic back on you. Which is it: only experts can be experts or a layperson could be more knowledgeable/skilled than an 'expert?
I've got some crown moulding in my kitchen put in by an 'expert' (a licensed, bonded contractor) that says credentials mean a whole lotta nuffin' sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.