Ontopic 2018 Amateur Farm and Garden thread

Hello, we are going to have chickens and are now thinking through all the details. I have a question about feeding At home day often nobody can be and need a feeder which does not need to constantly add food. In the Internet there are many variants of such devices, but I want to get more information. I'm interested in something similar to this bunker. Share your ideas and experiences.

As long as it doesn't get wet. Seed is a pain to clean up after getting wet.

I think some of those are in a barn.
I put them outside with a cap on top and the bottom end under the coop or an awning or something. Might get a little wet if it's raining sideways but that's it.

Chickens want to get under something when it rains so put the feed under there too.

Can also put some elbows in it do you can fill it from outside and their end is in a dry place.

chicken-feeder.jpg

Anyways, they're easy to cut and put together how you want.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
@Valve1138 ive been using that ego string trimmer for a bit now, and had a job yesterday where i ran outta battery and was on a schedule, so i had to pull out the old gas one.

Holy shit, the ego is weak compared to that. Its good for high constant speed grass trimming, but you wanna take down anything tall, anything brushy, etc gas in the only way to go. I get the ego for a small surburban lawn, but not for my needs.

That said, i bought the combo blower/trimmer on clearance primarily for the blower, and the blower continues to kick ass. So im still glad i got it.

@Valve1138 ive been using that ego string trimmer for a bit now, and had a job yesterday where i ran outta battery and was on a schedule, so i had to pull out the old gas one.

Holy shit, the ego is weak compared to that. Its good for high constant speed grass trimming, but you wanna take down anything tall, anything brushy, etc gas in the only way to go. I get the ego for a small surburban lawn, but not for my needs.

That said, i bought the combo blower/trimmer on clearance primarily for the blower, and the blower continues to kick ass. So im still glad i got it.

still very happy with ours.

picked up the blower too.

I ended up with a greenworks chainsaw too, 40 bucks with a batt on clearance. Bought two, just for hte batt in the second one. Its good enough for my needs.

lemon grass is an amazing herb. I just wish there was more usable pith per stalk. For each stalk you get something the size of a matchstick thats usable.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
lemon grass is an amazing herb. I just wish there was more usable pith per stalk. For each stalk you get something the size of a matchstick thats usable.
Yeah, is pretty thin. Helps a lot to plant it in the ground, gets much bigger with thicker stalks. I bought 1 plant, divided and put maybe 1/4 of it in the garden. Easily 8-10 times as big as the original which has sulked in a flower pot. Roasted some turkey drums on the grill with a bunch of lemon grass strips on top few weeks ago - they were god.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant