Halp Tardwheel Political Circle Jerkoff 2017

Tardwheel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're my favorite dick rider.

Everyone here loves me
Have you ever considered that it might be you riding all of our dicks?

giphy.gif

yeah, tying back syria to climate change solely is tenuous at best. Drought is indeed a driver of strife, but you can tie most of syria to a shitty ass govt, and exploitive assholes.

It wasn't just a driver of strife, it resulted in a massive influx of people into population centers right in the middle of the arab spring. There's evidence to suggest that without the drought the civil war may have started much later or not at all.

Climate change will have much greater impacts on wars in the future as more people are displaced which is why the Pentagon is putting a lot of focus on it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
The drought was an important issue, because of the relocation of people. But the main reason was the oppression/torture/corruption/violence/etc. of the government. This is hardly the only place in the world where there is poverty and over-population.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Climate change is one of the main reasons there was a rebellion in the first place.
"Let's take a population spread thinly across a wide geographic area and compact them into the cities where the oppressive asshole in charge can more easily oppress and control them. What can go wrong?"

Was it the sole cause? Nah, but when (I think the figure I saw was) 80% of the population of the country has to come in out of the fields into the cities, shit is going to happen.

The drought was an important issue, because of the relocation of people. But the main reason was the oppression/torture/corruption/violence/etc. of the government. This is hardly the only place in the world where there is poverty and over-population.
Yes, which was all exacerbated to the point of rebellion by the massive influx of people from rural areas. A rebellion that might have been quelled without all of those displaced people increasing the population density.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
"Let's take a population spread thinly across a wide geographic area and compact them into the cities where the oppressive asshole in charge can more easily oppress and control them. What can go wrong?"

Was it the sole cause? Nah, but when (I think the figure I saw was) 80% of the population of the country has to come in out of the fields into the cities, shit is going to happen.

pretty much. if 80% of america's rural communities had to flood into major urban areas for the same reason there would likely be a similar outbreak of violence and ineffective government response, even without the oppressive nature

Status
Not open for further replies.