2010 FedEx Orange Bowl (Iowa vs. Georgia Tech)

MNF, circa late 70's.. don't remember who, but I wanna say a RB takes off down the sideline and Cosell goes.. "look.. at .. that.. monkey.. run."

:waw:

Yeah. It was Alvin Garrett with the Redskins, and was early 80s. Right around the time that the world was starting to take issue with such things. (Not fully though, since we were still getting Mel Brooks movies by the score, amongst other things). It was not long after the Jimmy the Greek thing though, so of course, people were becoming more and more incensed about sports guys and improper comments about African Americans.

Howard was never really a popular guy in ABC, mostly because he was about as coarse, abrasive, and brutally honest as anyone in the business. He was in no way, shape, or form, a political animal.

noice. last night's game kinda got me in the spirit.

Friday was the day of all days to watch football. I'm not even talking about Ohio State. Northwestern/Auburn, ECU/Arkansas, PSU/LSU, & OSU/Oregon were all great games. The first two were the most exciting (although kicking incompetence made it frustrating)

Friday was the day of all days to watch football. I'm not even talking about Ohio State. Northwestern/Auburn, ECU/Arkansas, PSU/LSU, & OSU/Oregon were all great games. The first two were the most exciting (although kicking incompetence made it frustrating)

FSU/WV was the best of them. Way to blow that one off, jerk. :mad:

Total Yards
Iowa - 192
Ga. Tech - 18

First downs
Iowa - 7
Ga. Tech 0

Corn-fed lines seem to be way to much for the triple option. Assuming their stamina holds up, Iowa's going to destroy Ga. Tech. But the stamina is going to be the big question.

46 yards and 1 1st down the entire first half for Georgia Tech
257 yards and 11 1st downs the entire first half for Iowa.

There better be one hell of a half time adjustment if Tech wants to win this game.

iowa failed big by not putting this game away early. not saying tech is going to win but this should be a blowout by now.