2010 Census

you are. it's considered your duty as a citizen.

you can't get out of jury duty either.

but honestly, one questionnaire every ten years? that isn't asking a whole lot of you. you have to be a pretty lazy motherfucker to dodge it.

Well, you can easily get out of jury duty in Hillsborough County. :fly:

Oddly (and now I'm fucking myself by saying this) I've never been summoned for Jury Duty.

i was summoned once, but got out of it because i had booked a vacation.

I'd love to get summoned again, my work pays me full pay if i go on jury duty. i could use a nice change of pace.

If it was for some stupid crime, I could totally get myself excluded by a even halfway retarded defense attorney, albiet with some slight doses of perjury applied on my part.

"Have you even been involved in an auto accident, Mr. Duke"

"I BELIEVE IN THE DEATH PENALTY FOR ALL CRIMES. BURN THEM. BURN THEM ALL"

"Your honor, I believe I would like to use a peremptory challenge on this potential juror at this time"

Constitutionaly they are only entitled to know how many are living at the address....period. You talk about invasion of privacy without regard for the Constitution, here you go.

Constitutionaly they are only entitled to know how many are living at the address....period. You talk about invasion of privacy without regard for the Constitution, here you go.

I'm not sure the Constitution is that specific. I think the US Constitution simply states that a census should be conducted every 10 years. I don't think it says what should be included in it.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why people don't want to participate. It's not a lot of tough questions, it's not like you are giving information out that's super private, and it's not like the information is going to be used against you. It's primary purpose is for districting, but the info is also used by everyone from scientists to politicians to those who run govt. sponsored programs to civic planners. It's important to have an educated guess of things like what an area's water and sewer needs are going to be in the next ten, twenty, or fifty years so we can plan ahead.