Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
What do you expect them to find out?

do you submit it?

if you had your choice, what would the 10 questions be?

i know in 2000 I was scared or some shyt.. they make it sound like "under penalty of prosecution" if you don't return it.

read that if you don't return this year by certain date they'll send someone to your house.

oh, and they're hiring.

What do you expect them to find out?
demographic information

do you submit it?
i will if i get one and they want them returned from non-citizens

if you had your choice, what would the 10 questions be?
i don't know what they are, but i'm guessing age, sex, ethnicity, employment, number of residents, their ages/sex/ethnicity/employment, education, favorite color

i know in 2000 I was scared or some shyt.. they make it sound like "under penalty of prosecution" if you don't return it.
yeah, they need to get them back from everybody so it's illegal to ignore it or lie on it, I think

read that if you don't return this year by certain date they'll send someone to your house.
that's part of them wanting to get them back from everybody

oh, and they're hiring
they certainly are. it takes a lot of people to get it done right

yes, but not everyone gets the dreaded "long form" which requests the most information.

I'm pretty sure they don't do this anymore in AUstralia, but awhile ago the cencus was optional, and if you did do it, they would pay you $100.

And also they did it by having someone come to your house and interview you.

If you are looking for demographic information, keep looking.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/12/AR2009091202530.html

Basically because same-sex marriage isn't federally accepted (thank you DOMA) the state-legal same-sex marriages will be discounted from the census, just making cohabitators instead. Also those same-sex couples that are indeed married or that would be otherwise married had it been legal will be "falsely" recording they are married in the census, skewing the results further.

Bear with me, I haven't had a post about gay stuff in weeks, I am trying to cut back.

i'm hoping the results that come back are like Shali's quizzes for general information from his kids at school

Couple of years ago we had the census lady stalking us so hardcore it was scary. First she left notes on the mailboxes, then she got into our secured building and started leaving notes on our door, and then she'd bang on our door forever. It went on for about a month I suppose, each time the notices got a little more meaningful. She started highlighting parts of it and then leaving notes how it was federally manditory or whatever.

She eventually gave up and we won.

Couple of years ago we had the census lady stalking us so hardcore it was scary. First she left notes on the mailboxes, then she got into our secured building and started leaving notes on our door, and then she'd bang on our door forever. It went on for about a month I suppose, each time the notices got a little more meaningful. She started highlighting parts of it and then leaving notes how it was federally manditory or whatever.

She eventually gave up and we won.
you lost. you had a chance to be represented in national statistics and you dodged it like a joy-bullet.

you lost. you had a chance to be represented in national statistics and you dodged it like a joy-bullet.

I didn't want to be represented or included. Mostly because they made it seem like I was obligated to do so, I mostly got annoyed by the way I was hounded daily (even Sundays) and thought it should be my right NOT to participate.

I will fill out the census twice. I got a form from the government in November last year, if i recall, due to being a president of a corporation (I own a S-Corp company). It appeared to be a census, due to the questions and "under perjury of law this form must be fill out zomg if you don't we'll arrest you". I found the questions fascinating. Mostly about how many employees, salary, gross profit, etc.

Then I'll have to fill out a census for myself this year as well. My first census too, since in yr 2000 I was still 17 at the time the census came around, I believe.

I expect that the demographics will have changed significantly since yr 2000. I also expect that gov't monies to be redistributed due to the census. How much, I dunno. Will it go to the right places? Probably not.

Geez, 10 questions? I dunno. Probably what the questions are now.

Last edited:
I didn't want to be represented or included. Mostly because they made it seem like I was obligated to do so, I mostly got annoyed by the way I was hounded daily (even Sundays) and thought it should be my right NOT to participate.

I think you ARE obligated.

you are. it's considered your duty as a citizen.

you can't get out of jury duty either.

but honestly, one questionnaire every ten years? that isn't asking a whole lot of you. you have to be a pretty lazy motherfucker to dodge it.