20 Years after Challenger

i was a few days shy of eight years old, so that would put me in 3rd or 4th grade, can't remember which. we had no television at school, i remember coming home that day and watching it with my mom. we still have the television i watched it on.

crap, it was the day before my birthday, never noticed that before. my brother was born that fall, i think i know what my parents were doing for my birthday. I FEEL DIRTY

Last edited:
Innermuse, you have a new friend. Anyone who gets edited that much in a thread has my respect.

Is it weird being that much older than everyone on here...that sounded bad...I didn't mean it like that. I just mean, do you feel like you are missing some of the stuff we are talking about?

Arátoeldar said:
I'll be 42 in August.

33 here...you're only as old as you make yourself be;)
as you obviously know
I have aunts and uncles your age and they are closer to my age than my mom, their sister...big irish family :) they've always been more a brother/sister to me than to my mom because we are closer in age :lol:

Slightly off topic--

Did you know that the shuttle is the only spaceship ever built that can't fly without a human being on board. Do you know what critical function the human being has to perform? Flip the switch that lowers the landing gear. They did this intentionally for reasons I don't understand.

itburnswhenipee said:
Slightly off topic--

Did you know that the shuttle is the only spaceship ever built that can't fly without a human being on board. Do you know what critical function the human being has to perform? Flip the switch that lowers the landing gear. They did this intentionally for reasons I don't understand.
So that the blob couldn't invade our planet

JJ Lady said:
Is it weird being that much older than everyone on here...that sounded bad...I didn't mean it like that. I just mean, do you feel like you are missing some of the stuff we are talking about?

As W_A_W put it so well, it's just a chronological number. :fly:

While I am the old active member I know there are others who used to actively participate actively that are around my age.

The only time I am at a lost when things are being discussed is when you peeps talk about some of the more modern music. By that I mean that I don't get into a particular style of music mostly because of the way I view, love, and appreciate music.