WTF 2 years in Prison - A ManLove Story.

The guy explains more on another website, ODS. Just so you know, his case may not be indicative of all prisons:

From http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=136858

Every prison and county jail is different. From the way I figure it, in Michigan we have these low security camps for nonviolent offenders where they genuinely try to get you back on the straight and narrow with life skills, employment training, drug rehab. Then you have the ultra high sec - supermax or level 5, where they just need to do 'something' because the inmates are usually so bug fuck psycho they either are never getting out and need their psyches managed as they adapt to that reality - or else they might be getting out soon and they need to be certain they no longer pose a threat to society.

I was in a level 5 facility, (they call in V inside because the State uses roman numerals and you don't find a lot of convicts know what roman numerals are. I Romans for that matter. ) - but it was part of a privately run string of prisons, each with anywhere between a few hundred and a few thousands convicts. To manage the population as it swells and declines seasonaly (convict rates drop through winter. no shit. no one wants to commit a crime when it's cold) people get cycled in and out, so there is really no time for re-offending programs, or programs to prevent drug abuse or any of that.

In terms of it being 'college for criminals'... It's not really the case. Even in high security, with a lot of violent offenders, the number one crime keeping people inside is drugs. Most guys learned more about drug crime from TV than they did inside. Are you really going to take advice about crime from someone who was caught? I heard so many bullshit stories your ears will bleed. About how eucalyptus oil prevents drug dogs from finding your gear. About how Glocks are really made of plastic and can't be picked up by metal detectors. Yes. Die Hard 2 came out 20 years ago and people inside still buy that story.

Privately operated prison. Michigan.

Like I said in the other thread about prisons, I know a ex PERT officer of ten years with a North Carolina maximum security prison. The shit he's told me is foul beyond belief. I'm sure it's not like that in every prison across the nation, but I'm sure it's hardly isolated.

and australian prisons are so wonderful and nice with high customer satisfaction ratings!

i guess that's what happens when the entire nation is the result of criminals fucking

here was a guy we were inside with though, whose cell was on the low tier nearest the main door. So he was the first one to see the fresh meat. Anytime a new inmate would be brought in, he'd yell out 'he fuck babies, I seen him, he fucked a baby, I seen him before I went away ******s, he a baby fucker kill that baby fucker!' and he'd do this every fucking time a new inmate would be brought in. And he'd go on with it for about half an hour afterwards to. So the first thing a prospective convict would hear on being greated to the dorm would be this ******, with this high pitched Canadian accent - like Steve Erkel - hollaring about how he'd seen you, and that you were a baby fucker.

A story about prison become a rant against the US.

/shrug

Though, a story about bluebird mating season in upper manitoba could very well as easily become the same.

"Bluebirds have to fly north to mate because the US is to warm. Fucking global warming. Fucking americans'..

I don't think they would care about that.. Me giving them a beating would probably be more of a concern.