$2 bills

It was an example. Lots of stuff has to be original or certified copy, digital reproductions are useless or at very least you have to prove they are 'real.'

You can notarize a cheese sandwich tho.
Just gotta get the little clampy thing around it.

Holy crap! That's BRILLIANT! Just make an oversized notary stamp into a sandwich press and voila! Every sandwich is also a legal document admissible in a court of law. The name of the restaurant? The Deli De Facto, of course!

I love them. I don't know why, it could be that they have awesome engravings, or that you don't see them everyday... I think it's pretty much the engravings, they have a much more classic look than the "new" dollars. Not to mention cashiers always freak out.

You can get them at your local bank.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...obverse-high.jpg/800px-US_$2_obverse-high.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...reverse-high.jpg/800px-US_$2_reverse-high.jpg

-.-

I was thinking about this because I gave some teenager 12.08 for an 11.58 purchase and they tried to hand me back the 8 cents. Idiots.
I have 2 sequential straps of these. got them when the bank I work for bought another bank. i was in a branch and saw a brick of them so I ponied up $400 and got some.

Businesses who offer a discount to a customer when the customer pays with cash vs paying with a credit card are violating the terms of the merchant agreement that they signed. Turn em in. It sucks, but if you as a merchant decide to accept credit cards, you agree to the credit card companies terms. If you don't like it, don't accept credit cards. That said, I don't know if the same rule applies to debit cards.

Fuck coins, especially pennies. Costs more to make them vs. their actual worth. If only all states had an even Sales Tax percentage, to make it easy to pay for items and not have to round purchases. Here in Maine, it is 5% Sales Tax on most items. Easy to figure out. Easy to pay. While I don't like nickels or dimes, at least that cuts most of the coinage one would receive or give on any transaction.

edit: I realize this thread got derailed, but it really irks me when cashier's don't check the credit/debit card signature. I think merchants should be partly to blame for the rise in fraudulent credit/debit card charges. If they'd only require every cashier to check the card vs the person's license or ID, I bet that would cut down on a lot of fraudulent charges. As for self-checkout, perhaps installing scanners with OCR into the registers, customer puts int he ID and 3 seconds later transaction is validated or not.

Last edited:
Businesses who offer a discount to a customer when the customer pays with cash vs paying with a credit card are violating the terms of the merchant agreement that they signed. Turn em in. It sucks, but if you as a merchant decide to accept credit cards, you agree to the credit card companies terms. If you don't like it, don't accept credit cards. That said, I don't know if the same rule applies to debit cards.

Fuck coins, especially pennies. Costs more to make them vs. their actual worth. If only all states had an even Sales Tax percentage, to make it easy to pay for items and not have to round purchases. Here in Maine, it is 5% Sales Tax on most items. Easy to figure out. Easy to pay. While I don't like nickels or dimes, at least that cuts most of the coinage one would receive or give on any transaction.

edit: I realize this thread got derailed, but it really irks me when cashier's don't check the credit/debit card signature. I think merchants should be partly to blame for the rise in fraudulent credit/debit card charges. If they'd only require every cashier to check the card vs the person's license or ID, I bet that would cut down on a lot of fraudulent charges. As for self-checkout, perhaps installing scanners with OCR into the registers, customer puts int he ID and 3 seconds later transaction is validated or not.

Offering a cash discount is within the rules of Visa/MC. A credit card surcharge, however, is not.

you don't use self checkout do you? most big box stores you swipe the card yourself now, and purchases under $50 they don't even require a signature.

Like fly said, but with a link, http://usa.visa.com/personal/using_visa/checkout_fees/index.html Discover explicitly says that they can charge a surcharge. Some states have a law against it but even there cash discounts are still ok.

It's against the rules to make production of an ID a condition of sale. As for the signing thing, technically if they don't match signatures or accept an unsigned card they are liable for the transaction and chargeback fees. If they really want to make sure they don't get a chargeback they can make an imprint of the card. Don't do it as much anymore except for very high dollar purchases.

Offering a cash discount is within the rules of Visa/MC. A credit card surcharge, however, is not.

Minimum purchase for CC is illegal too, right?

There are a few restaurants here that have signs saying ($7.50) minimum purchase for credit card.

Cant be more than $10 and they cant discriminate between cards. On the minimum purchase thing. it is a banking rule.