2 BeerAd Threads: 2 Thread locked

every time you smoke, pay yourself a dollar. see how much you come up with. it's a great incentive to save, isn't it? i'd bet you'd be rich in about...four days. :fly:

man, i had stuff to say too..

i got a friend who owns a multimillion dollar steel company who has all his credit maxed to the hilt. says it's what makes him get up in the morning and grind. wouldn't work for me, but it's obv working for him.

tryna pay cash for everything personally as per mr. ramsey (the envelopes don't work april???!!!! hahaha)

Ramsey would be great if it weren't for all the damn religious stuff. Well, and (no offense) he's somewhat of a simpleton on finances, but its a good starting point for sure.

Ramsey would be great if it weren't for all the damn religious stuff. Well, and (no offense) he's somewhat of a simpleton on finances, but its a good starting point for sure.

He doesn't cover creative financing such as how to use credit cards to your benefit.

...but then most Americans do not have that sort of discipline.

I only use credit card, but I also only know what I'm spending.

That has made my credit rating above 800.

You display self control though. ;)

Also I bet you have mad points and shit. My grandfather does this and spends only what he makes... just like it is cash and pays it off each month.

I only use credit card, but I also only know what I'm spending.

That has made my credit rating above 800.

You should look into app-o-ramas over at the Fatwallet finance forums. You can easily make an extra 5-10k a year on 0% balance transfers for very little work. I can't wait to get into the 800s again...

You should look into app-o-ramas over at the Fatwallet finance forums. You can easily make an extra 5-10k a year on 0% balance transfers for very little work. I can't wait to get into the 800s again...

How can I make money on balance transfers if I have nothing to transfer?

How can I make money on balance transfers if I have nothing to transfer?

An app-o-rama requires 2 parts. I'll explain it more tomorrow, but basically you get large credit lines, have them either cut you a check or transfer to debit card, then deposit the money in a savings account making ~5%. Plus, all the other rewards that you'll get for being approved for these high dollar cards. And if your FICO is really above 800, you can do this easily.

An app-o-rama requires 2 parts. I'll explain it more tomorrow, but basically you get large credit lines, have them either cut you a check or transfer to debit card, then deposit the money in a savings account making ~5%. Plus, all the other rewards that you'll get for being approved for these high dollar cards. And if your FICO is really above 800, you can do this easily.

I'll check it out.

ugggghhhhhhh everytime someone says that fucker's name I want to punch someone in the cock. Everybody's all like OMG hes sooo good with teaching me money habits *blah blah ass!*

And he really isn't that informative. Hes the kind of guy who just states the obvious all the time, and people take it as "OMGs NEW WAYS OF THINKING!!! :tard:"

Last edited:
ugggghhhhhhh everytime someone says that fucker's name I want to punch someone in the cock. Everybody's all like OMG hes sooo good with teaching me money habits *blah blah ass!*

And he really isn't that informative. Hes the kind of guy who just states the obvious all the time, and people take it as "OMGs NEW WAYS OF THINKING!!! :tard:"

Yes, but people are just THAT DUMB about finances.

we totaled our august and sept expenditures last night.

averaged over a grand a month on eating out, liquor for the house, and clubbing. on top of the 400 a month for groceries.

350 in gas. 1100 in car payments and insurance.

bout 400 per on clothes.

70 a month on cigarettes. gotta quit. argh.

the wife, who has been less than excited about me asking "how much did you spend today?" every day, was happy yesterday tho. made me feel good that i'd done it (tried to write down every dime we spent). it at least gives us a starting point and some knowledge of where the money's going (cause it ain't goin' in savings, lol). dave ramsesy, quack or not, has had at least a positive influence in taht regard. also gonna try and stick to his percentages.. groceries certain %, entertainment certain %.. the house, child support, and the cars are kind of static, but almost everthing else can be brought under control, tho it won't be fun.

i know it's a good thing I DJ on top of the full time job or we would've been in the red. by a LOT.

see beerad, i put entirely too much of my personal information on the interweb too. :lol:

I rarely pay for my pot. I never understood how people pay so much money for something they can grow themselves, makes no sense.

Some people don't have green thumbs. :p

edit: and some people buy in high enough quantities that they flip those Os and smoke for free

Last edited:
man, if i could get ahold of y'all's budget i'd rework it TREMENDOUSLY. but that'd mean bye-bye partying hard. :fly:

naw, we agree. it's actually one of the reasons we did the tracking in the first place was so we could literally see what the numbers were. there will definitely be some changes. got some stuff we want to do to the house, other stuff that i won't go into, as well as emergency fund.

but i knew we wouldn't rein (sp?) it in unless we SAW what that data was.

it was funny tho.. janice was like "we don't eat out that much."

and the first 16 days of august we ate out 23 times. :fly:

data's not bad or good, it's just data. we will learn from it.

(and i'm doin' that cot damn envelope crap too ape!!!! i mean, if we put 200 a month, for example, in our "clothes" envelope, when it's gone it's gone. and we've saved 200 off our average that can go to another fund. i'm gonna miss fresh kicks)