FYI $1B of TSA Nude Body Scanners Made Worthless By Blog-How Anyone Can Get Anything Past

Tsa isn't preventing planes from being blown up, and itd not a concern for trains or buses, why give so much for protecting planes? A b io release in a subway or something similar will be the next thing. I doubt planes are even a target anymore.

Tsa isn't preventing planes from being blown up, and itd not a concern for trains or buses, why give so much for protecting planes? A b io release in a subway or something similar will be the next thing. I doubt planes are even a target anymore.

A bomb going off on a bus or train doesn't guarantee death like something happening in the air.

Also, what kind of hyper inflated salaries do they have if 4000 admins are making over 100k? Any private company would go bankrupt with this kind of retardedness

Also, what kind of hyper inflated salaries do they have if 4000 admins are making over 100k? Any private company would go bankrupt with this kind of retardedness

I think that number is incorrect. The citing in that document for that salary is taken from an email not an actual printed source. Here is the actual pay scale for TSA.

I think TSA is basically worthless but comparing the numbers isn't a good view of this. Yes it went from 10k to 65k in ten years but in 2001 when it was 10k that was it's first year. Give me any government agency that hasn't grown that much since it started. Also of course it's larger than all of the other agencies because most of them have limited offices. I'm sure if they had as many offices as airports as well as the need to have x number of agents at each office they would be just as large.
"In addition, the agency continues to support an army of 9,656 administrative field staff, on top of the security officers who actually conduct the physical screening"

"On average, there are 30 TSA administrative personnel—21 administrative field staff and nine headquarters staff—for each of the 457 airports where TSA operates."

Can haz top heavy bureaucracy please? Essentially 20% (ballpark) of their employees are engaged to maintain the agency.

"In addition, the agency continues to support an army of 9,656 administrative field staff, on top of the security officers who actually conduct the physical screening"

"On average, there are 30 TSA administrative personnel—21 administrative field staff and nine headquarters staff—for each of the 457 airports where TSA operates."

Can haz top heavy bureaucracy please? Essentially 20% (ballpark) of their employees are engaged to maintain the agency.

That's every Government Agency. They are all super top heavy especially the ones based in DC.

I think that number is incorrect. The citing in that document for that salary is taken from an email not an actual printed source. Here is the actual pay scale for TSA.
Sounds about right actually. Most administrators (assuming middle level admin staff) are GS12 + step 10 (3 years of federal employment) with cost of living adjustments for DC area at +24%.

There are DoD Auditors around here that are GS12 with quality step bonuses at hire solely by the fact they have to have CPA credentials.

Last edited:
Sounds about right actually. Most administrators (assuming middle level admin staff) are GS12 + step 10 (3 years of federal employment) with cost of living adjustments for DC area at +24%.

True. I know when I worked for an Agency there all of our DC folks even basic admins were all GS12 or higher where as in Tampa they were GS9s.

Good, then let the airlines figure that out. It will waste a shitton less of my money on retarded, top heavy, administration jobs.

I've thought about that as well. My thought though is if we put it on the airlines the actually cost will be pushed to the consumer.

I've thought about that as well. My thought though is if we put it on the airlines the actually cost will be pushed to the consumer.
Its already pushed to the consumer, in the form of airline fees and taxes. As well as all of our federal taxes.
Airlines don't operate airports though :-O

Who, ironically enough, would also have a vested interest in making sure a bomber didn't make it through their airport. Especially in a new age where everyone couldn't just blame the government.

Its already pushed to the consumer, in the form of airline fees and taxes. As well as all of our federal taxes.

Who, ironically enough, would also have a vested interest in making sure a bomber didn't make it through their airport. Especially in a new age where everyone couldn't just blame the government.

Then what exactly will you do with your free time, fly? :(