FYI $1B of TSA Nude Body Scanners Made Worthless By Blog-How Anyone Can Get Anything Past

is there not a point i can say hey -- no thanks, i've had enough radiation, but you're welcome to search me??
You can. They will do prison style pat down instead.

If you refuse to do either you are not allowed to leave airport until cops show up though and can be fined.

Or just take a train.

Last edited:
I still love how everyone thinks they have a right to not do something at an airport. If they make a requirement to fly and you don't want to follow it then don't fucking fly. Back in the day if you didn't like when they banned smoking on planes you either had to deal with it or not fly.

I still love how everyone thinks they have a right to not do something at an airport. If they make a requirement to fly and you don't want to follow it then don't fucking fly. Back in the day if you didn't like when they banned smoking on planes you either had to deal with it or not fly.
No one is really arguing that I think. At least here on this forum. Just that for an agency who's size has increased 400% in 10 years, while the number of people flying has gone down 12%, they are ridiculously ineffective.

Only on the surface. Even with a 12% decrease in air travel the TSA could still be grossly understaffed. You can't draw a meaningful conclusion from the information given.

Last edited:
Not on the surface, no. Even with a 12% decrease in air travel the TSA could still be grossly understaffed. You can't draw a meaningful conclusion from the information given.
“Since 2001, TSA has spent nearly $57 billion to secure the U.S. transportation network, and TSA staff has grown from approximately 16,500 in 2001, to over 65,000 today, a near-400% increase. In the same amount of time, total passenger enplanements in the U.S. have increased less than 12%. TSA‘s massive Washington headquarters supports 3,986 administrative personnel earning on average $103,852 per year.”

"With more than 65,000 employees, TSA is larger than the Departments of Labor, Energy, Education, Housing and Urban Development, and State, combined."

"As recently reported, more than 25,000 security breaches have occurred at U.S. airports in the last decade, despite a massive TSA presence."

""The ability of TSA screeners to stop prohibited items from being carried through the sterile areas of the airports fared no better than the performance of screeners prior to September 11, 2001.""

"TSA‘s passenger and checked baggage screening programs have been tested over the years, and while the test results are classified, their performance outcomes have changed very little since the creation of TSA."

http://republicans.transportation.h...2th/Aviation/2011-11-16-TSA_Reform_Report.pdf

I was slightly wrong on the numbers. But you can read the whole report if you want.

Last edited:
“Since 2001, TSA has spent nearly $57 billion to secure the U.S. transportation network, and TSA staff has grown from approximately 16,500 in 2001, to over 65,000 today, a near-400% increase. In the same amount of time, total passenger enplanements in the U.S. have increased less than 12%. TSA‘s massive Washington headquarters supports 3,986 administrative personnel earning on average $103,852 per year.”

"With more than 65,000 employees, TSA is larger than the Departments of Labor, Energy, Education, Housing and Urban Development, and State, combined."

"As recently reported, more than 25,000 security breaches have occurred at U.S. airports in the last decade, despite a massive TSA presence."

""The ability of TSA screeners to stop prohibited items from being carried through the sterile areas of the airports fared no better than the performance of screeners prior to September 11, 2001.""

"TSA‘s passenger and checked baggage screening programs have been tested over the years, and while the test results are classified, their performance outcomes have changed very little since the creation of TSA."

http://republicans.transportation.h...2th/Aviation/2011-11-16-TSA_Reform_Report.pdf

I was slightly wrong on the numbers. But you can read the whole report if you want.

I was only arguing your specific statement, and the limited info it provided.

Because I'm bored.

I think TSA is basically worthless but comparing the numbers isn't a good view of this. Yes it went from 10k to 65k in ten years but in 2001 when it was 10k that was it's first year. Give me any government agency that hasn't grown that much since it started. Also of course it's larger than all of the other agencies because most of them have limited offices. I'm sure if they had as many offices as airports as well as the need to have x number of agents at each office they would be just as large.

This forum has prevented around the same amount of terrorists attacks as the TSA.

That should speak volumes. We should get 57 billion to divide between us.