FYI $1B of TSA Nude Body Scanners Made Worthless By Blog-How Anyone Can Get Anything Past

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,289
Steam
mattressfish
http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.c...et-anything-past-the-tsas-nude-body-scanners/

Interesting post. Basically, on the full body scanners, the body looks white, the background is black, and any forbidden objects will also look black. If you sew an inside pocket into the side of your shirt, the object will appear to the scanner in the (black) background area and is therefore invisible. Theoretically, you could sew a regular gun in there and get away with it. Something that would have failed on the old detectors!

I'm sure it would work. They are fucking retards. Think about who they hire.

Also...

An ex top FBI agent opines about how useless the TSA is and why they can't stop Al Qaeda (or other terrorists).

http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2012/01/tsa-fail.html

TSA’s “major malfunction” as R. Lee Ermey would say, is that they do not understand the threat. At least their reactions to the threat indicate an extreme naiveté regarding terrorists, their tactics and their operational philosophies. One of the major reasons that Al Qaeda has not successfully mounted a major attack in the United States since 9/11 is that Al Qaeda is analogous to a political action committee (PAC) or a political candidate. They live off donations from “legitimate” radical Muslims throughout the world.

These donations are crucial, and there are many causes which compete for them. In order to keep getting those donations, Al Qaeda can’t appear to be losing, weak or incapable of an attack. Therefore, they actually put themselves in a little bit of a bind after 9/11: Their success was so spectacular that it has become almost impossible to duplicate it, much less create an even more spectacular act. Any attack that seems smaller in scope than those already achieved would make it appear as though Al Qaeda was “slipping” and terrorism dollars might go elsewhere, say to the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan.

Failure is not an option for Al Qaeda; they are as risk averse as the public relations department at Disneyland. Al Qaeda is a brand to protect, and failure is bad for the brand. If there is a one in ten chance that an attack will fail, the powers-that-be will not likely green-light it.

Frankly, the professional experience I have had with TSA has frightened me. Once, when approaching screening for a flight on official FBI business, I showed my badge as I had done for decades in order to bypass screening. (You can be envious, but remember, I was one less person in line.) I was asked for my form which showed that I was armed. I was unarmed on this flight because my ultimate destination was a foreign country. I was told, "Then you have to be screened." This logic startled me, so I asked, "If I tell you I have a high-powered weapon, you will let me bypass screening, but if I tell you I'm unarmed, then I have to be screened?" The answer? "Yes. Exactly."

Another time, I was bypassing screening (again on official FBI business) with my .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol, and a TSA officer noticed the clip of my pocket knife. "You can't bring a knife on board," he said. I looked at him incredulously and asked, "The semi-automatic pistol is okay, but you don't trust me with a knife?" His response was equal parts predictable and frightening, "But knives are not allowed on the planes."

I'm sure it would work. They are fucking retards. Think about who they hire.

Also...

An ex top FBI agent opines about how useless the TSA is and why they can't stop Al Qaeda (or other terrorists).

http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2012/01/tsa-fail.html
Whoa, you mean slavish application of arbitrary 'rules' doesn't make for an effective security apparatus? Think about effective law enforcement for a second... It's not about 'the laws,' it's about exercising common sense.

Statistically the majority of terrorists who carry out attacks are younger middle eastern males. :-O Most terrorist attacks are foiled through... counter intelligence (not random screening) :-O So.. I don't know... Spend more money on effective intel gathering and analysis, screen high risk profile demographics, and you'd probably be more effective and spend less money.

i was stopped at logan, they searched my laptop bag, couldnt find anything. asked me if i had a knife, kept looking for one...

eventually they found this thing:
unv31750_1_1.jpg

I was like... oops, didn't even know I had one of those.

They then gave it back to me, along with my laptop bag, and I went on my way. :wtf: thing is sharp and like 9" long (almost a 6" blade on it), box cutters aint got nothin on it.

yup. still not sure how one ended up in my laptop bag.

also of note, i made it through MCI and o'hare before logan finally caught it.

11/2001 I was headed to Nashville out of OHare. They got me for this. But - said that if I broke off the 'file' part, they'd let me take it on board. As if that's even the sharp part!

1g1dj.jpg

Well, luckily, I had the strength to break it off. After the item, clearly easily purchased at any online terrorist site, was resubmitted for TSA review, I was able to get the item onboard the plane.

i can take my knitting needles on a plane. i get many looks and questions about them.

also, i've been put in those damn machines more than i can count. :mad: is there not a point i can say hey -- no thanks, i've had enough radiation, but you're welcome to search me??