Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
In a town not far from where I live:

http://www.mifflinburgpa.com/christkindl.htm

No, I don't live in Mifflinburg, so any of you stalker types out there (!) can lay that idea to rest :fly:

I've gone to this before, and plan to go today, I'll probably have pics available later. They close down several blocks of one of the streets, and set things up right in the street. I think that at some point the focus of the town must have shifted, because this isn't the main street, but it is a LOT wider and better than the main street.

So what's everyone else up to today?

BigDov said:
Pics of you all glitzed out AND how was Bela Fleck last night??

hehe, will do:heart:

as for the concert, OMFG AMAZING. hands down the most amazing concert ever. we were really close to the stage, so we could see and hear perfectly. wooten was fucking god on the bass, while we got to watch jeff blow two saxes at the same time! it was incredible! i have never seen musicians have that much fun while performing, that's what made the concert so unique and awesome

F33nX said:
hehe, will do:heart:

as for the concert, OMFG AMAZING. hands down the most amazing concert ever. we were really close to the stage, so we could see and hear perfectly. wooten was fucking god on the bass, while we got to watch jeff blow two saxes at the same time! it was incredible! i have never seen musicians have that much fun while performing, that's what made the concert so unique and awesome

;) :heart:

Oh damn........ sounds good. Really good. :( I'll have to settle for listening to some of mp3's for now........

Time for an update, I went to Christkindl Saturday, and it was interesting.

The street was closed to traffic:

roadclosed1mf.jpg

Someone was selling quilts, appropriate since it was a cold day:

quilt2bz.jpg

Someone was there carving ice:

icecarving1jm.jpg

Turns out it was a vase:

vase2xi.jpg

vasedone7ie.jpg

This guy was warning everyone that the pavement was icy around the ice carving, dunno how he stayed on his feet:

tallman7oi.jpg

What a showoff!

tallman23oh.jpg

Looks like he's double jointed or something:

tallman53yu.jpg

Several people had dogs with them, my kids just had to stop and talk to all of them (actually, the dogs, not the owners). This one was a bit different:

dog6kp.jpg

Wasn't until he turned his head that we could see just how different:

dogeyes5si.jpg

I've always liked these things (and I know the guy who has the stand set up):

nestingdolls2ei.jpg

They have this set up every year:

pyramind9zj.jpg

This guy is also there every year:

organ23aa.jpg

We spent more time at this stand than any other:

puppets9tw.jpg

This is there every year too, an interesting story: