$150/AGP = What do you buy?

bast_imret said:
6800XT is an 8 pipeline 6800. Most people have had good success unlocking up to a full 16 pipelines and 5 out of 6 shaders.

6800GS OC is a slightly dumbed down GT. It has 12 pipes out of the box, and 5 shaders. Once again, with the AGP version, you can try to unlock the extra 4 pipes and the 6th shader. Started to become a bit more hit and miss in the latter releases of the 6800 series.

6800XT has a memory BW of 22.4GB/s while the 6800GS has 32GB/s. Clock speed is better on the GS as well. For those reasons, even a full unlock of all the pipes and shaders on the XT will still not get you to GS speeds, but it's still a good improvement from stock XT. GS is a better overclocker as well.
:heart:

Know it's a bit off topic, but if you've got cash for computer parts I recommend starting from the bottom up, so that you're not throwing cash into old technology. Get a new mobo first that has a couple PCIe x16 slots, use onboard video until you save up enough money to get a graphics card.

mattcohn.com said:
Know it's a bit off topic, but if you've got cash for computer parts I recommend starting from the bottom up, so that you're not throwing cash into old technology. Get a new mobo first that has a couple PCIe x16 slots, use onboard video until you save up enough money to get a graphics card.
I actually own a PCI-E 7800GTX. :D

o btw my plans are foiled. my internet sucks so bad here at the dorm. so i wont be giving it much use. NO BF2! :(
i have been playing HL2 offline though.