$150/AGP = What do you buy?

theacoustician said:
It means someone found where there is Newcastle on draft.

wow, you went to any random bar? :p

they have newcastle on draft in 10 zillion places in atlanta including right downstairs :fly:

why_ask_why said:
wow, you went to any random bar? :p

they have newcastle on draft in 10 zillion places in atlanta including right downstairs :fly:
Yes, but most places it tastes skunky. I don't think there's enough people who drink it to keep the kegs fresh in most places. Last night did not have this problem.

theacoustician said:
Yes, but most places it tastes skunky. I don't think there's enough people who drink it to keep the kegs fresh in most places. Last night did not have this problem.
There's two bars 5 min. from my house that have Newcastle on tap ;)

it's delicious

theacoustician said:

ah, I c...carry on

animepark13 said:
hey do you mind posting this in the vid card forum

"hey i am the one looking for the video card. Yeah it AGP may be out dated but i dont feel like getting a new motherboard just yet. The card needs to last me a couple years before i update my whole computer. Mainly it is just for playing BF2. I currently have a FX5200 and can't stand playing BF2 with it. So this is what i have been looking at, which is best, or any other sugestions.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814143045
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150157
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150166
"

thanks

bast_imret said:
That would be my choice. Pitch in the few extra bucks, it's probably your best AGP option for the $$.
I'm still saying the 7800GS is your best option because all these products are EOL. You aren't going to get any better than a 7800GS in AGP, period. Might as well max out for a couple extra $ and stretch out the usefulness of the system as long as possible.

umm, the GS is on average $120 more than his budget. Thats more than a couple extra $$. If he wants to spend $270, then by all means, that's the best you are gonna get.

bast_imret said:
umm, the GS is on average $120 more than his budget. Thats more than a couple extra $$. If he wants to spend $270, then by all means, that's the best you are gonna get.
Its $120 with a $50 MIR. I suppose you have to weigh how long you want to make it last verses how much money you're willing to spend, both now and later down the line for a full upgrade.

yup, but if he stated his budget was $150, then it's $150. An extra $15 might be doable, but I dunno about an extra $100+

What is the difference between:

BFG Tech BFGR68256GSOC Geforce 6800GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

-or-

XFX PVT42KUDE3 Geforce 6800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

6800XT is an 8 pipeline 6800. Most people have had good success unlocking up to a full 16 pipelines and 5 out of 6 shaders.

6800GS OC is a slightly dumbed down GT. It has 12 pipes out of the box, and 5 shaders. Once again, with the AGP version, you can try to unlock the extra 4 pipes and the 6th shader. Started to become a bit more hit and miss in the latter releases of the 6800 series.

6800XT has a memory BW of 22.4GB/s while the 6800GS has 32GB/s. Clock speed is better on the GS as well. For those reasons, even a full unlock of all the pipes and shaders on the XT will still not get you to GS speeds, but it's still a good improvement from stock XT. GS is a better overclocker as well.