Ontopic 14 states may target birthright citizenship

nein

a child of a non-resident is not subject to said jurisdiction of immigration law. being born on US soil to foreign nationals gives one the option of accepting US citizenship as an adult. the application of this law is exactly the same for any legal non-resident as well. basically, anyone on any kind of temporary visa does not give birth to a us citizen but their child would eventually get the option.

You don't seem to understand that you aren't a legal authority. The courts disagree with you, and therefore your opinion is invalid.

:fly:

You don't seem to understand that you aren't a legal authority. The courts disagree with you, and therefore your opinion is invalid.

:fly:

what

no, the courts don't disagree. this is how immigration law actually works. anchor babies are a myth. their parents still get deported. they still can't sponsor them because being caught illegally incurs an immigration ban. there is no such thing as an anchor baby for illegal immigrants.

I'm not talking about the literal meaning of the term anchor baby. I'm talking about the fact that children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrant parents are still American citizens. It happens every single day. Your interpretation of the term "jurisdiction" (which is correct, by the way) notwithstanding. You said they aren't granted citizenship, and they are. Hence the great debate.

whats more interesting is if an illegal has a baby in the US, even though the baby can be a citizen, the parent can face bans from a few years to a lifetime from ever immigrating... so yea, anchor babies don't really exist.

On the plus side the US immigration problem is better than some. Most of our immigrants just want to pick strawberries, mow Drool's lawn, and drink Tecate. They aren't militant Muslims.

A US citizen cannot file for a parent's visa until they are 21 years old. That's a long time to wait for the anchor to drop.

The more I read about immigration reductionist thought, the more I think it's just an excuse to be racist.