FYI 14 dead, 50 wounded

More fool them then, this kind of thing will just keep on happening. :) Americans are obviously not responsible enough as a nation to be trusted with deadly weapons like guns, other countries far much better as societies while still having firearms.

Show me a country which has the population of the United States and access to guns like the United States, and I'll show you a country having the same problems as the United States.

Don't get me wrong. I'm big on bashing the US. No one here bashes the US like I do. Not even close. Yet I can't get behind this one because it's not rooted in reality. You have to take into consideration so many other aspects.

Why do people never demonize cars when a drunk driver kills someone?

Or how about that guy in California a few years ago that plowed through a crowd? He wasn't drunk. Nobody said anything about how dangerous cars are.

Show me a country which has the population of the United States and access to guns like the United States, and I'll show you a country having the same problems as the United States.

Don't get me wrong. I'm big on bashing the US. No one here bashes the US like I do. Not even close. Yet I can't get behind this one because it's not rooted in reality. You have to take into consideration so many other aspects.

I don't think you have to look at populations, I mean really how may other countries are there with the same population? If you want a real number you'd have to look at occurences like this broken down per population.

I don't think you have to look at populations, I mean really how may other countries are there with the same population? If you want a real number you'd have to look at occurences like this broken down per population.

It's harder to manage social issues in a society of this size, and spread out over such a large area.

It's harder to manage social issues in a society of this size, and spread out over such a large area.

This right here. If you look at other countries that have our geo area size as well as population range most of them have a history or ruling via fear and no media outlets. (China, Former Soviet Union, Iran, etc.)

Alternatively, you could this is a social issue such as intolerance. America should do more to try to lower the amount of intolerance in their society. Just saying you should take the tools from the killers is avoiding the core problem of why it happened.

Society as a whole is a living, wild beast. You can't legislate it. Sometimes you can move it, sometimes you can't, and sometimes simply trying gives you a result that you never wanted.

Last edited:
Society as a whole is a living, wild beast. You can't legislate it. Sometimes you can move it, sometimes you can't, and sometimes simply trying gives you a result that you never wanted.

Of course you can legislate it. We already do, and we have to. If we do not, we run the risk of people becoming more and more narcissistic and then the country will collapse because all people care about is themselves, and not their country.

But that's not really the point here. The point is, the gun was not the reason this guy went a shot some people. The gun was merely the tool used. The reason he shot some people is because he has issues, and it's those issues we should be focusing on, not the gun.

Of course you can legislate it. We already do, and we have to. If we do not, we run the risk of people becoming more and more narcissistic and then the country will collapse because all people care about is themselves, and not their country.

But that's not really the point here. The point is, the gun was not the reason this guy went a shot some people. The gun was merely the tool used. The reason he shot some people is because he has issues, and it's those issues we should be focusing on, not the gun.

Those two paragraphs couldn't be more different.

Those two paragraphs couldn't be more different.

ugh.. let me spend the next hour trying to figure out exactly what you mean and I'll get back to you.

Or you could help a brother out and elaborate on that. I know the convo was going off in a different direction, so I tried to pull it back. Yet I have a feeling you were meaning "different" in another sense.

ugh.. let me spend the next hour trying to figure out exactly what you mean and I'll get back to you.

Or you could help a brother out and elaborate on that. I know the convo was going off in a different direction, so I tried to pull it back. Yet I have a feeling you were meaning "different" in another sense.

Lets just take a bubble bath together. :haaay:

Cigarettes kill way way more people each year than citizens with guns. Plus everyone knows they are toxic to you and the people around you and without a doubt can give you various types of cancers plus cause fires all of the time but I don't see people up in arms to totally eliminate them. The people on this forum are smarter than your typical average joe and I bet several of you guys still smoke.

Cigarettes kill way way more people each year than citizens with guns. Plus everyone knows they are toxic to you and the people around you and without a doubt can give you various types of cancers plus cause fires all of the time but I don't see people up in arms to totally eliminate them. The people on this forum are smarter than your typical average joe and I bet several of you guys still smoke.

Yep I still smoke. Yeah it's bad for you. So are a whole array of different things we all do.

This point you are making is why I don't give two hoots about terrorism. Way more people are killed by all sorts of things each year. Terrorism is a tiny blip compared to the other things that can kill you.

Yep I still smoke. Yeah it's bad for you. So are a whole array of different things we all do.

This point you are making is why I don't give two hoots about terrorism. Way more people are killed by all sorts of things each year. Terrorism is a tiny blip compared to the other things that can kill you.

More people are killed by animals each year than terrorism. The whole terrorism thing is a sham to justify military and police spending and giving the government power to ignore the law.

There's even a smoker on here who thinks it's perfectly fine for the gov't to ban trans fats :rolleyes: