WTF 11-year-old playa barred from scoring with chicks

Makes it not fair to play against him either since anyone who wins will be with "but there was limit on scoring."

My middle school baseball league had a rule about being up by 40 runs before the 7th inning they would call the game but eh.

This really sucks, but, I understand from a league standpoint why they're doing it. I don't know if this youth league puts much in terms of W-L, but they want to force the coach to use the other players as opposed to just one. This is more for making the other kids want to keep playing.

It does suck for the kid though as well. He's being limited on development.

the kid doesn't care and it brought national attention to him. win win.

Yep, you can bet he's on the national recruiting radar now.

How much does anyone wanna bet that we'll be hearing about this kid in about 10 years?

If he has the talent they're saying, you'll be hearing a lot about him. It's just in 10 years, you won't remember he was the same kid.

Puberty no. Proper training and weight lifting regimen, yes.

Strength training can only go so far to combat the effects of puberty. Coordination, agility, and balance are all effected by puberty. Body fat and bone development can also be significantly effected by puberty. Any amount of training can only go so far toward helping a young athlete over this hump. Sometimes the changes of puberty just make it more difficult or near impossible to continue to be the level of athlete you were before. It happens to lots and lots of people. I get that it's not about size. The smallest guy in the NFL is only 5'5" and he's just fine. But there is more to playing football than being big.

Puberty no. Proper training and weight lifting regimen, yes.
Yes puberty. There were kids in middle school who were fast and shit and we got to HS and they couldnt even make JV because they were too light.

Strength training can only go so far to combat the effects of puberty. Coordination, agility, and balance are all effected by puberty. Body fat and bone development can also be significantly effected by puberty. Any amount of training can only go so far toward helping a young athlete over this hump. Sometimes the changes of puberty just make it more difficult or near impossible to continue to be the level of athlete you were before. It happens to lots and lots of people. I get that it's not about size. The smallest guy in the NFL is only 5'5" and he's just fine. But there is more to playing football than being big.

I can't think of one male athlete that puberty adversely affected and I've played and coached sports my entire life. It's all about training and sticktoitiveness.

I can't think of one male athlete that puberty adversely affected and I've played and coached sports my entire life. It's all about training and sticktoitiveness.

That's funny, I've known like 10 and I've never coached a sport in my life. Basketball players especially I've only ever known one male athlete ever good enough to make it to pro level and he was a baseball player, so I don't know what that means in this discussion, but how many people really know a lot of people that become pro athletes?

That's funny, I've known like 10 and I've never coached a sport in my life. Basketball players especially I've only ever known one male athlete ever good enough to make it to pro level and he was a baseball player, so I don't know what that means in this discussion, but how many people really know a lot of people that become pro athletes?

I'm going to call bullshit. You know at least 10 boys who played sports, hit puberty, and were unable to play sports again or got worse at sports? That doesn't make any sense. Puberty doesn't turn guys into stumbling retards. (some women may disagree)

I'm going to call bullshit. You know at least 10 boys who played sports, hit puberty, and were unable to play sports again or got worse at sports? That doesn't make any sense. Puberty doesn't turn guys into stumbling retards. (some women may disagree)

Got worse at sports yes, were unable to play, no, not really, but maybe didn't make varsity level teams in high school. I'm willing to concede that maybe half of them didn't have the dedication required because I was a stupid kid at the time as well and that's probably the case, but in several cases they were simply different physically and unable to continue because they just weren't as good at it anymore. Growing like that in a small period of time can and does make people less coordinated and sometimes less capable. Determination and training can only get you so far. You have to also be talented enough and, in most cases, have the right kind of body.

If the kid doesn't grow, hes done.

football and basketball, size matters. Don't qoute me the 1 guy in the nfl out of the hundreds thats the exception.. Same with the nba.