Rollout

Mothercucker
Apr 8, 2010
Miami, Florida
Marklar
₥948
http://fiber.google.com/about/

Google Fiber:

At 1000 Mb per second, Google Fiber is 100 times faster than today’s average Internet, allowing you to get what you want instantaneously. You no longer have to wait on things buffering; everything will be ready to go when you are. So whether you are video chatting, uploading family videos, or playing your favorite online games, all you need to do is click and you’re there.

Instantaneous Downloads on everythang.

How to get it

Google Fiber is different – and getting it is different too. Fiber takes more than the flip of a switch – it's a combined effort between Google Fiber, your fiberhood and lots of fiber optics. If you live in Kansas City, getting Fiber to your home is a three step process.

Packing the bags and moving to kansas.

Neither is Google Fiber. It hasn't even started yet.

If Verizon get a serious challenge from Google Fiber, they will expand nationally and stay ahead of them.

They physically can't. Almost all the glass West of the Ohio Valley is owned by Quest which was purchased by Century Link. Verizon would have to lease the lines which would compromise the FIOS design. They realized this is 2010 and that's why they stopped expanding and focused on the areas they have like FL, New England, DC, and NY.

They physically can't. Almost all the glass West of the Ohio Valley is owned by Quest which was purchased by Century Link. Verizon would have to lease the lines which would compromise the FIOS design. They realized this is 2010 and that's why they stopped expanding and focused on the areas they have like FL, New England, DC, and NY.

And Google is going to lay their own? Google is going to lease just like Verizon would have to.

Fios was put almost Exclusively where they had pre exsisting phone lines. Areas that are owned another carrier require overbuilding which is super expensive and requires approval.

In most of the West areas that they don't have a footprint Verizon teams with Direct TV to offer wireless services bundled with satalite TV. Which is the extent of what they can offer.

I have a fios line, and honestly , I cant imagine needing anything faster for home use.
Weird thing is, in my area, I can get data fios, but not the tv fios, which sucks.