User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chipotle healthier than Subway?

Flaming Scooter Boi

Marklar

Chipotle healthier than Subway?

So I had a Subway sub for lunch today and I got to thinking, how much healthier is this than a Chipotle burrito. If you get a burrito loaded, it is really bad for you, but I don't. I ususally go for the same thing all the time. So I punched through the numbers:

Subway 12" turkey and ham on wheat with swiss cheese, green pepper, lettuce, carrots, cucumber. Also a bag of Sun Chips harvest cheddar.

For Chipotle I had a Burrito Bol with chicken, cheese, lettuce, rice, black beans, and corn salsa.

Water with both (of course).

Subway worked out to this:
    Calories 820
    Fat 25
    Sat Fat 9
    Trans Fat 0
    Cholesterol 80
    Sodium 2680
    Carbs 113
    Fiber 10
    Sugar 18
    Protein 50
    Vit A 16
    Vit C 60
    Calcium 42
    Iron 52

Chipotle worked out to this:

Calories 804
    Fat 29
    Sat Fat 9
    Trans Fat NA
    Cholesterol 126
    Sodium 2079
    Carbs 85
    Fiber 10.5
    Sugar 3
    Protein 52
    Vit A 114
    Vit C 35
    Calcium 23
    Iron 8

The burrito had less calories, same sat fat, much less sodium, less carbs, less sugar, more fiber and protein. Weird, huh? And both of these will fill me up about the same.

Marklar
    add some hot salsa and the whole burrito leaves your system in > 2 hours
    kiki is a tad tubby

that's "heavy" in metric

Dearest Flypaper

Marklar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fishmattress Steam ID: mattressfish
    roasted chicken breast sub > *
    "If you keep drinking you can make the effects last almost indefinitely."

Well, ok. But what are the numbers for a Fajita Burrito con queso, crema y lechuga?
    My suit is so tight.

Big Hands, Big Feet
    Asteroids Champion

Marklar
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hamisgood
    If you're so concerned about what you eat you might want to reconsider eating at fast food restaurants.

Just sayin.

edit: and for anyone who thinks that Subway or Chipotle or whatever isn't fast food, I submit this: Having the food slave assemble your offal on the far side of a plexiglass sneeze-guard does not, somehow, imbue the dish with any more virtue than a Big Mac or Double Whopper with cheese.
    Last edited by itburnswhenipee; 11-28-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Never suck on an anus
    Decoder Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion

Marklar
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: eileenbunny
    Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips

If you added those in your calculation though, this might be why there is more bad stuff in your Subway meal. You had no chips with your Chipotle meal.
    Yeah, generally we don't go dangling it around open flames or cheese graters or power tools.

I Lubstep Dubstep

Marklar
    Quote Originally Posted by itburnswhenipee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    edit: and for anyone who thinks that Subway or Chipotle or whatever isn't fast food, I submit this: Having the food slave assemble your offal on the far side of a plexiglass sneeze-guard does not, somehow, imbue the dish with any more virtue than a Big Mac or Double Whopper with cheese.
    Sometimes I just want to hug you.
    Despite having a herbivorous diet similar to cattle which release large quantities of methane, kangaroos release virtually none. The hydrogen byproduct of fermentation is instead converted into acetate, which is then used to provide further energy.

Dearest Flypaper

Marklar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fishmattress Steam ID: mattressfish
    Quote Originally Posted by itburnswhenipee View Post
    If you're so concerned about what you eat you might want to reconsider eating at fast food restaurants.

Just sayin.

It may be fast food, but it is certainly better to be deciding if you want bell peppers or banana peppers on your entree rather than debating between double cheese or bacon...
    "If you keep drinking you can make the effects last almost indefinitely."

Marklar
    Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    It may be fast food, but it is certainly better to be deciding if you want bell peppers or banana peppers on your entree rather than debating between double cheese or bacon...
    Who fucking debates that? You get double cheese and bacon, n00b.
    ...this thread reminds me of a place and time that was near and dear to my pants.

50% more cholesterol
    _ _ _

Some habits never die...